- Part-time/full-time fixed-term until 30/06/21 (possible renewal subject to funding).
- NFP Salary Packaging increasing take home pay; Generous employer PPL scheme.
- Leading organisation in youth mental health.
About the role and its impact
Reporting to the Program Manager, Primary Clinical Services, the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) will lead and manage a team of clinicians and community awareness staff at the headspace Melton centre. The CSM is responsible for overseeing the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of clinical and community awareness services/activities at the centre, developing partnerships with key stakeholders, supporting innovative research and evaluation, managing risk and enhancing operational effectiveness.
The CSM is a highly motivated and dynamic person who will develop and maintain an integrated model of clinic-based health service delivery to young people, their families or carers and the wider community in the area served by the headspace centre and as a member of the management team, contribute to the service modelling and implementation of quality, innovative youth services across the region.
As a guide, remuneration of $90,000 - $120,000 per annum pro rata plus superannuation is offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
To be considered you will need:
- approved tertiary qualifications in allied health or equivalent relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of the associated professional body;
- significant experience in the delivery of mental health assessments, crisis management, psycho-education, and short-term focused interventions to young people and their families/carers;
- strong people management skills, and experience in leading and developing teams;
- extensive experience in the provision of professional supervision and secondary consultation with a wide range of professionals;
- well-developed knowledge and understanding of current youth health/mental health policy issues in Australia including early intervention, service system reform and the establishment of integrated and coordinated service delivery;
- demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and review of clinical governance frameworks and practice, including quality improvement, risk management and compliance monitoring and reporting;
- ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with a range of service providers and organisations;
- ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and make decisions in relation to the intake/assessment services and young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support services at the centre; and
- highly developed skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management.
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume, cover letter and a document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description to email@example.com, using the subject line: ‘CSM - Melton’, followed by your full name.
For a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Pawsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 29 October 2020 11:55 PM AEDT.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description