- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people.
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities in clinical care and research.
- Part-time (0.2 or 0.4) fixed term positions available until 30 June 2022 with opportunity for further employment.
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements.
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
Orygen’s Primary Clinical Services team at headspace Craigieburn and Glenroy are seeking a Clinical Supervisor with strong planning and evaluation skills who demonstrates a sound ability to oversee and lead decisions in relation to supervising and supporting staff and students. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work 0.2 FTE at either Glenroy or Craigieburn, or 0.4 FTE across both locations simultaneously if they desire to, increasing work freedoms and ease of access to your preferential location. You will be well supported operationally and clinically to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
The clinical supervisor – psychology, is a broad role providing great opportunities to support clinicians in their development, as well as broaden and develop your own clinical and management skills in a supportive, positive workplace culture. You will:
- demonstrate leadership in the clinical decision-making processes;
- promote use of evidence-based clinical interventions in the treatment of mental illnesses (particularly high prevalence disorders) and substance use disorders;
- participate in the ongoing planning, development, review and maintenance of clinical services at the nominated headspace centre;
- provide clinical leadership in the clinical case review meetings and multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure appropriate clinical service pathway and service delivery;
- provide regular clinical supervision for clinicians and students at the nominated headspace centre in both group format and on individual basis;
- participate in and promote research and evaluation projects conducted through headspace centres; and
- co-ordinate student placements and provide supervision for students.
Essential to this role is you are endorsed as a supervisor in clinical psychology. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- registration as board-approved clinical supervisor, eligible to provide supervision to provisional psychologists, psychology registrars, and endorsed clinical psychologists;
- significant experience in providing supervision of clinical staff and students;
- significant experience in the provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and psychosocial interventions for young people experiencing mental health difficulties and/or substance use problems;
- strong leadership skills and experience required to work effectively with senior management, staff and stakeholders;
- a breadth of understanding of the different types of organisations involved in mental health and drug and alcohol service delivery to young people;
- knowledge of the common mental health, substance use and social problems faced by young people and the indicated evidence-based treatment/support options for these; and
- well-developed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, government policies and strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other drug disorders, particularly as it relates to young people.
To learn more, contact Dayna Minovski at for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $80,621 – $91,430 p.a. (pro rata) is offered, plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
How to apply
Please refer to the position description and submit your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line ‘Clinical Supervisor – Psychology [please specify location(s)]’ followed by your ‘full name’.
Please include in your cover letter the position you wish to apply for:
- 0.2 clinical supervisor – psychology at headspace Craigieburn;
- 0.2 clinical supervisor – psychology at headspace Glenroy; or
- 0.4 clinical supervisor – psychology at both headspace Craigieburn and Glenroy.
Closing date: Friday 22 October 2021 11:55 PM AEDT
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people.
We strongly encourage applications from:
- First Nations people.
- People of different cultural backgrounds.
- People from LGBTIQA+ community.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.
Download the full Position Description