- NFP Salary Packaging; work/life balance
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) fixed term until 4 December 2021
- Parkville base (initially commence working from home)
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
About the role and its impact
We are currently seeking applications for a part-time communications and marketing officer to join our communications team. This maternity leave cover position is fixed term and available until 4 December 2021.
As the communications and marketing officer, you will play an integral role in developing, implementing and evaluating communications and marketing activities that inform Orygen’s external stakeholders about Orygen’s research, clinical programs, policy recommendations, education and training opportunities, achievements, and other activities; and in engaging with a broad range of stakeholders through the organisation’s communications channels.
You will develop content and campaigns that promote Orygen and evaluate the impact of these activities. You will be expected to be familiar with the latest developments in communications and online marketing and use their initiative in applying this to Orygen’s communications activities in compliance with Orygen’s policies and processes.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience, plus superannuation; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the position description below for the selection criteria and other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
To be considered you will need:
- a tertiary qualification in communications;
- proven ability to translate complex ideas into lay language;
- experience developing and managing content across multiple social media channels and a capacity to tailor content for these platforms;
- experience in delivering marketing campaigns;
- experience in using a website content management system;
- demonstrated high-level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- demonstrated ability to liaise and consult with staff at all levels; and
- ability to work with and support young people to share their stories in ways that empower them and advance organisational goals.
Desirable (not essential):
- experience working in communications in a health or research environment; and
- experience working with Kentico CMS website platform.
Orygen works side-by-side with young people to transform youth mental health through research, policy, education and innovations in care.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume, cover letter and a document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the key selection criteria located in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: ‘Communications and Marketing Officer’, followed by your full name.
For a private and confidential discussion, please contact Meagan Patroni at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 2 October, 2020, 11:55 PM AEST.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description