- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people.
- Be part of the clinical leadership team as we transform and grow our services.
- Fixed term until June 2023 with opportunity for further employment.
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements.
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
The director of nursing will work collaboratively as part of the clinical leadership team and support Orygen’s strategic priorities. This is a new role within Orygen and requires someone who brings a transformational mindset and experience from working within the youth mental health sector. The director of nursing will build and establish the nursing workforce in Orygen, while further developing the culture of a safe organisation that embraces quality improvement.
The role and your impact
Reporting to the director of clinical programs and services, the director of nursing will provide contemporary operational and strategic leadership and manage the governance and direction for all nursing services across Orygen.
- collaborate with internal stakeholders to operationalise clinical and corporate governance, and support the delivery of safe and exceptional care;
- manage and maintain all accreditation, policy and regulatory frameworks relating to mental health as required;
- provide clinical expertise, management and leadership to optimise nursing practices and services;
- lead, mentor and manage nursing staff; and
- collaborate with young people and their families, leadership groups, healthcare team members and external stakeholders.
Essential to this role is experience working as a senior leader in mental health services including inpatient and community services. In addition, you will bring:
- bachelor of nursing and postgraduate qualifications in mental health nursing;
- current unrestricted registration with AHPRA as a Division 1 Nurse;
- knowledge of healthcare quality systems, accreditation processes and regulation;
- experience in leading services or organisations through times of change;
- capacity to define and reconcile complex and competing priorities;
- highly developed interpersonal skills, with the capacity to working closely with a wide range of clinical and non-clinical personnel and to communicate and negotiate at senior levels; and
- a passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people.
To learn more, contact Natalie Rowell, Talent and Reward Manager for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $120,000 - $140,000 p.a. is offered plus 10% superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind, Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
How to apply
Please refer to the position description and submit your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Director of Nursing’ followed by your ‘full name’.
Closing date: Friday 22 October 2021
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people.
We strongly encourage applications from:
- First Nations people.
- People of different cultural backgrounds.
- People from LGBTIQA+ community.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Download the full Position Description