Are you passionate about youth mental health?
Do you thrive working in a team?
Are you familiar with the inner-workings of a health service provider?
headspace Sunshine is looking for you.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a full-time Enhanced Care Coordinator. This maternity leave cover position is fixed term and available until 23 August 2021.
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on that outcome, pioneering new, positive approaches to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
As the Enhanced Care Coordinator, your contribution will be to work within the Clinical Team of the centre providing increased capacity to engage and support young people with complex needs to seek and maintain their treatment within an enhanced primary care setting.
You will also support those young people at risk of self-harm and potential suicide. Working with an identified Emergency Department, you will identify and address the barriers and challenges to access appropriate service pathways and effective treatment. You will also work closely with GP’s, Psychiatrists, access team clinicians and allied health contracted staff to facilitate coordinated care and treatment for moderate to severe mental health disorders. Working with the leadership team, you will provide assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies, and will have involvement in service development.
As a guide, remuneration of $78,644 - $89,196 per annum is offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the position description below for the selection criteria and other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The Enhanced Care Coordinator will have:
- approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (psychology, social work, occupational therapy, nursing) and previous experience in senior role ideally youth mental health;
- passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people;
- extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and short-term treatment interventions to young people experiencing mental health or substance use, or other social difficulties, including current evidence-based approaches;
- ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and lead decisions in relation to the intake/assessment services and young people’s suitability for ongoing treatment/support services at the centre;
- extensive service system knowledge, relevant legislation, government policy and strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other substances particularly as it relates to young people;
- demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework; and
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students.
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement addressing the key selection criteria in the below position description, to email@example.com, using the subject line ‘Enhanced Care Coordinator – Sunshine’ followed by your full name.
For a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Carsten Schley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 19 August 2020 11:55 PM AEST.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description