- Help create a more unified mental health system.
- Lead one of Orygen’s biggest transformations and change management projects.
- Be a part of a leading youth mental health organisation.
- Full-time fixed term contract available for 18 months.
- Generous NFP Salary Packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements.
We are seeking a general manager to lead one of the biggest transformations and change management projects to occur within Orygen, one that will support the realisation of many years of work to create a unified mental health system of care for young people and their families.
The outcomes of the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System enable a revolutionary new era of reform in mental health that will at last see youth mental health progress in the direction that we have pioneered together over the past 30 years.
In this role you will guide the future direction of the changes required for Orygen, establishing a comprehensive roadmap and project and change management plans that deliver on future state and supports our transformation agenda; equally you will roll up your sleeves to ensure it is effectively delivered. You will be expected to engage the key internal and external stakeholders in the change process.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health, want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families, and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to apply.
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care.
The role and your impact
Full time fixed term position available for 18 months.
As the General Manager, Business Transformation, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the success transfer of the staff, funding, resources, infrastructure and assets for mental health services currently provided to young people by Health Networks in the North West of Melbourne. The transfer will be to Orygen or a newly established entity. You will work with the project control group around key stakeholder management.
The project will support the build of a unified regional model, providing a comprehensive range of services to young people with mental ill-health, including our newly defined integrated service hubs. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the transformation of the business, and the management of additional investment to support Orygen’s implementation of the changes specific to the provision of clinical services as recommended in the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System.
Salary and benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate, plus superannuation, access to generous NFP salary packaging, flexible work/life balance benefits, great supportive team, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
Essential to be successful in this role and to be considered, you will need to have a bachelor degree qualification in a related area, and a demonstrated, superior experience and a record of achievement in leading and managing critical, highly complex transformation and change projects in a large and complex organisation (understanding of the guiding principles of change management). In addition, you will bring:
- demonstrated experience in operating model design, complex transformation and operational improvement initiative;
- high level demonstrated expertise managing and overseeing complex aspects of projects management and implementation, including developing and monitoring project plans, change logs, coordinating resources, reporting, issue and risk management and managing budgets;
- a structured approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of data points to identify the true root cause of issues and to design viable solutions;
- demonstrated exceptional ability to engage effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- highly effective relationship building skills and an ability to negotiate with and influence leaders and senior management;
- naturally collaborative with the ability to simplify complex situations; and
- highly developed analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret highly complex information from numerous sources, prepare and present analysis and reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in change management or similar.
- Experience of working on large scale health care initiatives, strategies and change projects.
- Capacity to interpret and apply legislation and an understanding of legislation as it pertains to health and mental health care in Victoria.
To view the full selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please view the position description or contact Pam White at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Please refer to the position description and submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line ‘General Manager, Business Transformation’ followed by your full name.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 9 May 2021, 11:55 PM AEST.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our strategic commitment to partner with First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.
Download the full Position Description