Are you a clinician, with leadership skills, and wanting to make a difference in youth mental health?
headspace Melton is looking for you.
About the role
Full-time fixed-term position available until 30 June 2022.
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on that outcome, pioneering new, positive approaches to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders.
The Senior Access Team Clinician will provide leadership, daily operational management, support and supervision to Access Team staff. The Senior Access Team Clinician will also provide direct intake, assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies, and will have involvement in service development and community engagement/awareness raising activities.
Reporting to the Services Manager, this role will support the provision of youth-friendly early intervention services at the headspace centre and ensure that all members of the Access Team operate within headspace philosophy and strategic directions, as well as local policy and procedure framework.
As a guide, remuneration of $77,104 - $87,438 per annum pro rata is offered, dependent on skills and experience; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the position description below for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
- approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (psychology, social work, occupational therapy, nursing);
- provisional or full registration with AHPRA or AASW (or eligibility for);
- previous experience in providing leadership and supervision;
- passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people;
- extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental healthcare;
- ability to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and make decisions;
- demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework;
- developed skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management;
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students; and
- commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement addressing the key selection criteria in the below position description, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Senior Access Team Clinician – Melton’ followed by your full name.
For a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Pawsey at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 19 July 2020 11:55 PM AEST.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description