- Part-time (0.2 FTE) fixed-term positions;
- Multiple positions available at five centres;
- NFP salary packaging increasing take home pay; Generous employer PPL scheme;
- Leading organisation in youth mental health.
Are you a senior clinician with ability to provide clinical supervision for staff and students? Determined to make a difference to the lives of young people? Orygen is looking for you.
Multiple positions available
Reporting to the clinical services manager, the senior clinician will provide clinical supervision for staff and students at Orygen’s headspace centres. The senior clinician will demonstrate leadership in the clinical decision-making processes and promote evidence-based clinical interventions in the treatment of mental illnesses (particularly high prevalence disorders) and substance use disorders.
The senior clinician will be required to be self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to oversee and lead decisions in relation to supervising and supporting staff. This will require proven skills in supporting staff with decision-making, problem-solving, and critical incident and risk management. This role will work within the agreed boundaries of confidentiality and take responsibility for reporting any serious issues to the clinical services manager and informing clinicians when such circumstances arise.
Part-time (0.2 FTE) positions are available at each of our five centres. All positions are available for 12 months with the possibility of renewal subject to funding. We are seeking a mix of discipline supervision across psychology, social work and occupational therapy.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidates.
Please refer to the position description below for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
To be considered you will need:
- endorsement as a supervisor in either clinical psychology (with the Psychology Board of Australia), social work or occupational therapy;
- significant experience in providing supervision of clinical staff and students;
- significant experience in the provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and psychosocial interventions for young people experiencing mental health difficulties and/or substance use problems;
- strong leadership skills and experience required to work effectively with senior management, staff and stakeholders;
- highly developed and demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- well-developed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, government policies and strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other drug disorders, particularly as it relates to young people; and
- commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the key selection criteria located in the position description, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Senior Clinician – Supervisor [insert preferred centre]’ followed by your full name.
For a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Pawsey at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 13 November 2020 11:55 PM AEDT.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description