- Communications professional wanting to make a real difference.
- Help us lead the way in digital youth mental health.
- Well-supported career opportunity within a leading youth mental health organisation.
- Generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements.
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
Orygen is seeking a senior communications adviser to join its Orygen Digital team as we expand the implementation of our world-leading interventions into Queensland. This is a full-time fixed term position available for 12 months, with potential for further employment.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
The senior communications adviser will play a critical role in the growth and development of Orygen Digital’s Queensland expansion, overseeing internal and external communications in Queensland. This role will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of communications and marketing strategies that raise the profile of Orygen Digital and align with Orygen’s overall communications and marketing approach.
This role will be a critical point of connection between the Orygen Digital team and Orygen’s overall Communications, Marketing and Fundraising team and will work collaboratively with this team to ensure strong communications, brand awareness, media relations, stakeholder engagement results, and fundraising outcomes for Orygen Digital and Orygen more broadly.
Essential to be successful in this role and to be considered, you will have a tertiary qualification in journalism, communications or public relations, or a substantial background in biomedical research promotion or a related area. In addition, you will have:
- highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly, concisely and appropriately for specific audience groups;
- ability to translate complex scientific findings and research into lay language;
- demonstrated ability to negotiate with and advise people at all levels;
- highly developed written communication skills suitable for print and online environments;
- well-developed analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills, and ability to exercise sound judgement and initiative;
- knowledge of contemporary media and communications mediums and an ability to apply such knowledge to complex issues and a wide audience; and
- ability to work with and support young people to share their stories in ways that empower them and advance organisational goals.
To learn more, contact Communications Manager, Ali Morrow for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Generous salary commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate plus 10% superannuation and access to NFP salary packaging with potential to significantly increase take home pay.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
How to apply
Please refer to the position description and submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Senior communications adviser’ followed by your ‘full name’.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29 October 2021, 11:55 PM AEDT.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our strategic commitment to partner with First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people.
We strongly encourage applications from:
- First Nations people.
- People of different cultural backgrounds.
- People from LGBTIQA+ community.
Recruitment Agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement.
Download the full Position Description