- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people.
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities in clinical care and research.
- Fixed term or casual 12 month appointment.
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements.
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care.
Orygen's research division is seeking a study clinician to work on our Integrate trial. You will be well supported operationally and clinically to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health; want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers; and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
The study clinician is an exciting role providing great opportunities to broaden and develop your clinical and research skills in a supportive, positive workplace culture. You will:
- provide integrated and early intervention-oriented psychological treatment for study participants in accordance with study manuals and protocol;
- manage and undertake mental health and risk assessment, psychological treatment, and crisis intervention as necessary for study participants, and maintain accurate records of clients’ progress in client files;
- attend clinical review meetings as required;
- promote the research program, communicate regularly with, build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- contribute to a culture of caring, teamwork, continuous improvement, constructive performance review, quality work standards and client service;
- collect accurate data and complete outcome and fidelity measures for the purposes of the Integrate trial in a timely manner; and
- complete data entry as required.
Essential to this role is tertiary qualifications in allied health or health related discipline and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or equivalent experience and qualifications. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- a youth-friendly, optimistic and professional approach to work and a passion and commitment to achieving positive change in youth mental health;
- skill and significant experience in youth mental health clinical practice, including assessment, case formulation, and intervention across a range of diagnostic categories including substance-related problems;
- clinical experience within an autonomous role with demonstrated ability to provide cognitive-behavioural therapy and independently maintain a case-load of young people in the treatment process;
- demonstrated ability to deliver high quality counselling and clinical work, whilst being able to maintain close fidelity to a manualised treatment approach;
- ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively with young people and their families;
- highly developed organisational, administrative, and time management skills;
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written); and
- proven skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management with ability to manage clinical risk appropriately and seek advice from clinical supervisor when required.
To view the full selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please view the position description or contact Gill Bedi at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $80,621 - $91,430 p.a. is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
How to apply
Please refer to the position description and submit your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Study Clinician’ followed by your full name.
Closing date: Sunday, 7 November 2021.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.
Recruitment agencies - thank you for thinking of us, however we do endeavour to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible. If we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
Download the full Position Description