Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years. Further information available on the headspace website.
The Youth Vocational Specialist role requires extensive knowledge, expertise and leadership experience in the career development or disability employment sector, with a demonstrated understanding of youth mental health. The focus of the position is to lead the implementation of Individual Placement and Support (IPS) programs within the Orygen clinical programs.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Primary Clinical Services, this exciting new role will provide vocational leadership to clinical staff within the clinical programs and actively develop partnerships with a wide range of external organisations to enhance vocational outcomes for young people. This will include extensive contact with employers, training providers, educational institutions, community service organisations and other health professionals.
Full-time fixed term position available until 30 June 2020
The Youth Vocational Team Leader will:
- Undertake project management of the funded vocational programs including planning and reporting, including data management.
- Establish and support the IPS vocational program.
- Lead evaluation, reporting and fidelity as required for the IPS program.
- Provide specialised individual career development services that support young people to gain employment.
- Cold call and market the vocational program and young people looking for work to a broad range of employers.
- Develop and deliver training workshops to clinical staff, community groups and other organisations that promote vocational recovery.
- Provide support and education to employers in how to best support young people in the workplace and develop further opportunities for ongoing work placements.
- Develop partnerships with external organisations that increase access to vocational opportunities for young people of the service.
- Complete IPS and vocational recovery training as directed by the functional recovery unit.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses all the essential selection criteria included in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line 'Youth Vocational Team Leader', followed by your full name.
For further information about the role, please view position description below or alternatively, please contact Brendan Pawsey at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday, 27 September 2019
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description