Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry
Orygen’s Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry is a one year, graduate level program designed for psychiatry trainees seeking to specialise in youth mental health.
The course is part-time and fully online – so you can study anywhere and anytime.
Through lectures delivered by experts in research and clinical practice, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of key topic areas that will support a career in youth mental health, including:
- development of mental ill-health in young people;
- evidence-based approaches to prevention as well as early intervention and clinical care in youth mental health;
- best practice engagement to optimise the therapeutic alliance with young people.
- ethical and legal considerations when working with young people in clinical contexts; and
- psychopharmacotherapy for young people.
Read the course outline
Graduates of the Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry will receive recognition for prior learning if they choose to pursue further graduate courses in youth mental health delivered in partnership with the University of Melbourne.
Upskill in key areas identified as core competencies for youth mental health psychiatry trainees.
Applications to the Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry 2024 are now open.
To Enrol in the Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry 2024, please submit the Application Form.
All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be individually notified of the outcome via email. Students who have been accepted into the course can proceed to the webstore to finalise payment.
To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.