Penny Armytage AM
Member - Clinical Governance Committee
Penny is recognised as an influential public sector leader and has held many leadership positions, most recently as Chair of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System from February 2019 to March 2021.
She was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours List in recognition of her significant service to public administration and the community.
Penny has been a chair or member of a number of state and national boards and has substantial governance experience, including as:
- Chair of the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) Board
- President of the Board of Berry Street
- Advisory Board Member, Centre for Innovative Justice, RMIT University
- Member, Public Service Medal Committee, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Victoria
- Chair, Community and Public Safety Interagency Board, Victoria Police.
She was a Senior Partner at KPMG (2012-2017), Secretary of the Department of Justice (2003-2012), Executive Director, Operations at Department of Human Services (2002-2003) and Commissioner, Office of Correctional Services, Department of Justice (1999-2002).
Penny was made a National Fellow of the Institute of Public Administration Australia and served a term as the National President of the Institute.
She is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.