Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Psychosis (CBT-p) is an evidence-based intervention in which the techniques of cognitive behavioural therapy are applied to the symptoms of psychosis, including hallucinations and delusions.
This training package will help clinicians gain skills and confidence in working psychologically with young people experiencing psychosis. CBT-p aims to reduce the distress caused by psychotic symptoms. This training focuses on components of CBT-p including therapeutic engagement, assessment and case formulation.
Audience: mental health clinicians working with young people.
Overview of training:
- overview of history and evidence of CBT-p
- building a shared understanding using assessment and formulation
- planning and using behavioural experiments to challenge maintenance factors
- change strategies for positive and negative symptoms
- adaptation to psychosis diagnosis.
Length of training: two or three days, which is suitable for virtual or face-to-face delivery.
For more information link to Orygen's psychosis resources.
If you'd like any further information about our training services please email email@example.com or complete and submit the Training Packages Request Form.